Branded Content consists of generating content related to a brand that makes the user feel attracted and connected to it. This marketing technique is very useful in an Inbound Marketing or content strategy. Its main objective is to generate notoriety and affinity with the brand more than to sell a product or service.
Branded Content Features
- It focuses on the values of the brand and not on its products or services. Its message is mainly focused on the intangible qualities of the brand and not on specific characteristics of what it offers.
- Its objective is to generate conversion and notoriety around the brand. It is not trying to provoke the sale of a product, but to impact the audience and make the brand talk.
- Generate added value to the user. Branded content generates content with the user in mind, and that he wants to consume it, that is, generate added value through entertainment.
- Appeal to the emotions. This type of content does not seek to convince with rational arguments why our brand is better than the competition, but to connect with the audience emotionally.
- Use storytelling. What is sought with this type of content is to explain a story that talks about the brand and that excites the viewer, it must have its protagonists, a beginning, a middle and an end.
- It can be presented in different formats and broadcast channels. Branded Content is a very flexible marketing technique, which can be adapted to all types of formats and channels, and also allows combining them with each other. What is important is the message you convey, and how you convey it is not so important. So the content can be a video, a podcast, a game …
- The content can be co-created. It is very common for brands to collaborate with celebrities or renowned professionals in this type of action to give the message more visibility.
It is important not to confuse branded content with content marketing, since the latter is the strategy that encompasses all types of content created by the brand.